Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Awakening Death

Dreams - What are they if not a recreation of reality in the most outrageous kinds of ways - your mind playing tricks on you, tempting you to dive in. Well let me tempt you to dive in.

Dreams: a fusion of reality and mental state - chaotic disturbance in head lead for paranoia and chaos in dream.

On the verge of death I stood, unable to keep my balance - a physical hesitation between life and death. I looked into the Pacific Ocean petrified of the wild waves hammering the rocky mount on which I stood: waves crashing at my feet, about to devour me into their despair.

The sea had made its way through the sound of desperate souls begging, crying, blow-jobbing for salvation, swallowing the lives left in them, and now the inharmonious sound of desperation had ceased, but the anxiety prevailed in those who were fast enough to climb onto the rocky mount in an attempt to deceive the sea and its force. Being fast would not save me from this one – the sea was fighting me, it wanted to absorb me into its passionate disgust.

I was struggling to hold all of us together: trying to hold on to my own life and that of the supposed weaker others was not an easy task. We had all made it to the mount; we all contemplated in awe the fear of the victims when giving in to the waters, unable to keep fighting its force. We all saw in their deaths our near future, and we were losing hope. Some of the fastest ones that climbed onto the rocky mount with us had already been sucked into the frantic sea, which tide was growing faster and faster, covering the rocky mount where we were standing and making us seem like ants on pebbles from afar.

Thinking without time for it, crying without consolation, screaming without ears to hear us, we awaited death. There was nowhere to be safe, nowhere to hide, nothing to do but to stand still on those rocks holding on to each other. We were stuck in my unconscious head waiting for my body to awaken to save us from the high tides, and as we set our horrified eyes on the wave that would swipe us into the sea I woke up to the silence of my bedroom, contemplating the pacific ocean of clothes surrounding my bed.

No comments: